Water utilities, regulators, development banks, water practitioners, researchers on the topic, consultants, auditors
AquaRating is the performance assessment system for water and sanitation service providers. This rating solution focuses the challenges services providers face in a comprehensive way, evaluating their performance through indicators and management practices, establishing an international standard, and relying on information verified by an external entity.
AquaRating was launched in 2015 and has currently utilities assessed in 5 continents. This webinar, with 4 speakers from different continents, aims to provide a summary of the main benefits of assessing utilities worldwide, biggest achievements and expectations for the coming years in the sector.
The webinar will start with a short introduction of the AquaRating methodology, and will integrate 3 different case studies: an overview of several Latin American assessments, Fiji, and Sierra Leone (check panellist below). Later a panel discussion with question from the public will take place.”
During this webinar, participants will:
– better understand how to evaluate water and sanitation services in an integrated way and getting an aggregated final score;
– learn more about accurate characterization and management of water and sanitation utilities;
– become familiar with very different cases of utilities assessed in different continents, main benefits, achievements and lessons learned;
– discover the AquaRating performance assessment methodology;
– ask questions to a panel list of international experts on the topic.
Rui Malheiro, Programme Officer Aquarating
- Corinne Cathala. Lead Water and Sanitation Specialist in the Water and Sanitation division of the Inter-American Development Bank, USA. Presenting: “AquaRating: transforming the water and sanitation sector in Latin America”.
- Francisco Cubillo. IWA Fellow, Deputy Director of Research Development and Innovation in Canal de Isabel II (Water Utility of Madrid), Spain. Presenting: “AquaRating: The Rating system for Water and Sanitation Services Providers”.
- Manasa Tusulu. Senior Business Analyst based in the Strategic Planning Unit of the Water Authority of Fiji (WAF), Fiji. Presenting: “Assessment and improvement of Water Authority of Fiji”.
- Ansumana Swarray. Director of the Water Sector Reform Project, Millennium Challenge Coordinating Unit, Sierra Leone Threshold programme (THP), funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Sierra Leone. Presenting: “An analysis of potential performance improvement in Freetown’s water utility using the AquaRating system”.